Monday, January 25, 2010
Day 4: Updates from SRC team
Today, our team is reduced to four people who are staying in Haiti until Wednesday: Dr. Yelle, nurses Jackie and Toni, and Craig. Their first task this morning was to find out a way to return to the US on Wednesday, since commercial flights out of PAP were all canceled. We were able to re-book their flights to leave from Santo Domingo, DR on Wednesday at 4:40pm. The team is scheduled to arrive in Miami at 6:05pm (if not delayed). The team went to the PAP airport to make contact with United Airlines for a possible free flight that is being offered in partnership with the US military, for helping to evacuate medical teams out of PAP back to the US. We will keep you posted on the status of their return.